Something fun is going on with hair colour fashion this year. Chances are your hair has a colour, and if you’ve been scanning the hair trend radar you may have noticed some wonderful and unique styles from the top of the head all the way down to the tips!
Celebrities are wearing wigs and dyeing their hair every colour of the rainbow, sometimes within a few weeks. The street is awash with colour and dye of many hues. It’s not about this season’s hottest cut; it’s all about this season’s colours! And you may surprise yourself with how cheerful or seductive a little tint can be. Now’s your chance to colour a little outside the lines of conventional hair colour and express your inner star. It’s up to you how kooky you want to make it. Here’s a list of the top 5 most stylish and playful hair trends to try this year, and you’ll be hard pressed to not picture yourself perfectly pulling off at least one of these options.
1. The full blown colour - we’ll start with the most daring of them all. This is reserved for the brave fashionista who loves the spotlight, and in this case craves the colour. Full blow colour involves bright hues of fiery red, deep purple or sky blue covering every hair seen by adventurous divas like Katy Perry and Christina Hendricks. It takes guts but if you feel confident enough to wear this look, chances are likely you’re a bold woman who can get the job done.
2. Not quite your mother’s pastels - conjuring up images of bike riding in the countryside, the pastel scheme is a playful approach to colouring your hair this year. This generally constitutes either dyeing the whole head a light pink or purple for a muted but no less cheerful look, or playfully thinning out your natural colour to end with a light orange or blue tint on the end. I give it five stars for the flirtatious effect.
3. Tips and bits, streaks and highlights - the limitless possibilities presented with streak jobs and dip-dyed tips make it an all-time favourite. You can employ just one green streak if you’re feeling alternative, or dip-dye your blonde tips into some dark blue if you’re after the wow factor. Don’t get me wrong, this fashion has been circulating for ages but this time around it’s more focussed on the cool and crazy colours than keeping the look within natural hair colour limits.
4. Ombre keeps it natural - this trend’s been popping up on the red carpet more and more and is a hit with dark headed ladies who know the difficulties in dyeing dark hair. Ombre refers to the gradual lightening of the hair as it goes down. Gisele Bundchen became the first to popularise the ‘bronde’ look, essentially the perfect blonde-brunette shade and natural tinting of colour going from the top of the head to the tips. Giving off a natural looking hint of colour accents that frame the face, it conjures up feelings of sweet summer liberation as seen on beauties like model Lily Aldridge and actress Rachel Bilson.
5. The colours of the rainbow - okay maybe not the full shades of a rainbow, but don’t be afraid to add more than one colour! My all-time favourite is a mix of ombre and rainbow, with half of the colour wheel flowing down to the tips. Although this look involves the most amount of time and energy to achieve, it pays off with a stunning and visually delicious array of colour and style.
No matter your needs or desires, you will be able to find your perfect hair colour trend for this year. What’s great is that this fashion is for anyone who has hair! Your hair is your best fashion accessory and you wear it every day, so embrace the playful colours splashing the fashion scene this year. And tell us what celebrity hairstyle you’re inspired by this year, we’d love to hear it!
Sophie Tan is a guest blogger from Delivery Hero – Heroic Home Delivery Solutions. Aside from ordering too much Indian takeaway she enjoys catching up on fashion and French cooking. And she can often be caught eating cake for dinner.
Feature Image Source: This photo belongs to Marcel Duong – who you are.